Top Natural Anti-Aging Remedies
Honey – Apply honey on face and neck for two minutes and leave it for fifteen to twenty minutes and then rinse with clear water. Repeat this everyday to mark the difference. Honey is nature’s best moisturizer which is required for skin to glow. It also contains antioxidants which repairs the damage caused by free radicals and rejuvenate skin.
Egg Pack – Mix an egg white with half teaspoon milk cream and 1 teaspoon lemon juice and apply the mixture on face and leave it for fifteen minutes. Apply this twice a week. Egg is a powerhouse of anti-aging agents like omega – 3 fatty acids, proteins and zinc which tighten skin making it firm and smooth.
Turmeric face pack – Mix a tablespoon of curd and a pinch on turmeric powder and apply it on face and leave it to dry for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with cool water. It is good to avoid fine lines and wrinkles on face.
Masoor dal face pack – Apply some paste from masoor dal and apply it on face, keep it for fifteen minutes and then wash with cold water. It is good to tight the pores and decreases the anti aging problems of the skin.
Milk cream face pack – Mix one table spoon of lime juice with one table spoon of milk cream, apply it over face and wash it after fifteen minutes with cool water. It is good to reduce aging signs.
Apple face pack – Make a paste of smashed boiled apple slices, a tablespoon of milk and honey and apply it and let it dry for fifteen minutes. Rinse off the face with cool water.
Egg white face pack – Make a paste of an egg white, single tablespoon of lemon juice and olive oil and apply it on face and neck and leave it for 20 minutes. Rinse off with clean water. It is used as anti wrinkle skin as it opens the pores and tightens the skin.
Carrot and Potato Pack – Boil a carrot and a potato and chop them into small pieces and mash them to form a paste. Add a pinch of turmeric and baking soda and mix well with some water to obtain a smooth paste. Apply over the face and leave it for twenty minutes and rinse with water. Repeat this twice a week to mark the difference. Carrots are a rich source of vitamin A which helps in boosting the collagen production in the skin which makes the skin tight and prevents wrinkles which gives a gleeful look. Potato is an excellent anti-ageing ingredient that fades away wrinkles and evens out the skin tone.
Yogurt Pack – Mix two teaspoons yogurt, one teaspoon lemon juice, one teaspoon honey, a pinch of turmeric together and mix the content with one vitamin E capsule oil and apply this over the face and leave it for ten to fifteen minutes and rinse well with cold water. Repeat this twice a week. Yogurt is rich in wrinkle preventing nutrients which keep skin fresh, hydrated, shrinks pores and tightens skin.
Yogurt face pack – Mix half cup of plain yogurt, one tablespoon of lemon juice and one tablespoon of olive oil, apply this paste on face and leave it for fifteen minutes. Wipe out the pack with cotton balls soaked in rose water.
Rose Water Pack – Mix two tablespoon rose water with half teaspoon lemon juice and a few drops of glycerine. Apply this on face with cotton. Do not rinse after application of the mixture. Repeat this every night. Rose water has regenerating properties, has a calming effect on the skin and increases blood circulation in the capillaries and reduces thread veins. It also reduces blemishes and puffiness under the eyes.
Coconut Milk Pack – Apply the coconut milk through cotton over the face and leave it for twenty minutes and rinse with cold water. Repeat this twice a week. It fights all signs of aging making skin soft and smooth. It has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties which keep the wrinkles away.
Banana Pack – Chop and mash a small ripe banana and add one teaspoon rose water and one teaspoon honey to it and mixed followed by a teaspoon yogurt mixing of which will make a smooth paste. Apply this and keep it for twenty minutes and then rinse with cool water. Repeat this twice a week. Banana, with its anti-aging properties, contains vitamins A, B, and E which is a rich source of zinc, potassium, and iron which is beneficial for maintaining a youthful looking skin.
Potato Juice Pack – Grate a small potato and squeeze the juice out of it and apply with cotton on face and leave it for fifteen minutes followed by rinsing with cool water. Repeat this twice a week. Potatoes are also a rich source of vitamin C, which helps to regenerate collagen that has been damaged and also prevent loss of skin elasticity. Fine lines and wrinkles will fade away with ease.
Potato and carrot – Make a paste out of half a potato, a carrot with ginger, apply the pulp over face and keep for ten minutes. Wash it with cold water.
Coconut milk – Apply coconut milk over the face with cotton ball and wash with cold water
Papaya Pack – Mash a few pieces of ripe papaya to make a paste. Apply it all over the face and neck and leave it for ten minutes before rinsing with warm water and repeat this twice a week. Papaya is rich in antioxidants and contains a special enzyme called papain that exfoliates dead cells and cleanses the skin’s impurities. It also helps in regenerating new cells and provides elasticity to the skin.
Avocado Pack – Remove the pit and grate the avocado into a paste and apply it on face of fifteen minutes and then rinse off. Repeat this every week. It enhances skin radiance and diminishes the fine lines and wrinkles. It prevents skin from free radicals and make it firm and smooth.
Almond, Rosewood, And Sandalwood Oils – Make a mixure of one tablespoon of almond oil, two to three drops of rosewood oil and three to four drops of sandalwood oil and massage your skin in circular and upward motions for three minutes. Leave it for half an hour and then rinse off. Apply this every night on face and neck. It will keep the skin supple and glowing and get rid of wrinkles, fine lines and crow’s feet.
Almonds and Milk Pack – Soak eight to ten almonds in milk overnight, then grind them, apply on face and leave it for twenty minutes before rinsing. Repeat this every week. It rejuvenates and hydrates skin and prevents from developing wrinkles and sagging.
Mashed Strawberries Pack – Mash three to four properly and apply it on face and leave it for ten minutes and then rinse off. Repeat this once in a week. It enhances the skin’s elasticity and removes dead cells, even out skin tone, and brightens up the complexion. Age spots, fine lines, and wrinkles start to disappear with its regular use.
Sugarcane Mask – Mix two to three tablespoons of sugarcane juice with a pinch of turmeric powder and apply on face ten minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water. Repeat this twice a week. It exfoliates the dull upper layer of the skin while enhancing collagen synthesis.
Pineapple Pack – Gently rub a slice of pineapple on skin for about five minutes, leave it for ten minutes and rinse with water. Repeat this twice a week. It reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
Blended Essential Oils – Mix five drops of sandalwood oil, five drops of rose geranium oil, five drops of jasmine oil, five drops of neroli oil and five drops of frankincense oil and massage it on skin. Apply this every night. It reduces wrinkles, treats dryness and hydrates ageing and mature skin.
Homemade Under-Eye Serum – Mix eight drops of hazelnut oil, four drops of sandalwood oil, six drops of chamomile oil and five drops of carrot seed oil and apply it under eyes in circular motions. Apply this every night. It reduces under eye pores, dryness and tightens the skin and also reduces puffiness and dark circles.
Flower Mask – Make a paste by blending together four drops of olive oil, handful of marigold flower petals, handful of rose petals, handful of chamomile flower petals and a few drops of water and apply it for twenty minutes. Rinse off with cold water. Repeat every week. It nourishes, moisturizes, hydrates and tones skin.
Castor Oil – Take a few drops of castor oil in your hands and massage into the skin from neck to face in upward direction at night and leave it. Repeat this every alternate day. It soothes and softens skin keeping it moist which in turn reduces the fine lines and wrinkles.
Lemon Juice – Take a few drops of pure lemon juice and apply on the areas with dark patches, blemishes, and age spots and rinse it after fifteen minutes. Repeat this every day. It reduces the age spots and blemishes.
Amla Powder – Mix a teaspoon honey and equal amount of yogurt with two teaspoons of amla powder and a few drops of hot water and apply the mixture on face and neck and leave it for about fifteen minutes before washing. Repeat this twice a week. It gives wrinkle free and supple skin by removing fine lines, wrinkles and sagging.
Shilajit – It is an ayurvedic medicine with remarkable anti ageing properties whose regular use keeps you looking younger.
Rasayana – It is an ayurvedic medicine which rejuvenates skin, mind and body.
Chyawanprash – It is a mixture of herbs, minerals and fruits which keeps the body and mind rejuvenated.
Ashwagandha – It is one of the most powerful rasayana remedies with stupendous rejuvenating properties.
Besides, there are plenty of chemical treatments available in the market like laser anti aging treatments which targets unwanted changes to our face and bodies reducing fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, uneven skin tone, spider veins, sagging skin etc. and then there are botox injections which are targeted on specific areas which wrinkles and fine lines. There are methods like chemical peeling, Injectable Fillers, Fraxel Restore Treatment, Thermage, Scarlet, Mesotherapy, Affirm Fractional Multiplex Laser, Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy, Topical Agents etc. which helps a lot in healing fine lines and wrinkles. However, all this applications should only be used under the strict supervision of respective experts and should be immediately stopped its use if any itching or uneasiness persists on its application on anywhere on the skin.
There are some precautions that need to be taken in routine life if you love your body and want your body to love you like: –
- Stop smoking
- Limit alcohol consumption
- Avoid direct sunlight
- Use very less oil
- Boiled vegetables are very essential for skin to get a youthful look
- Avoid fast foods
- Follow a healthy diet
- Have at least 8-10 glasses of water and fresh fruit juices
- Include more of pulses and leafy veggies in your diet
- Do brisk walking during the morning and if possible some free hand exercises or yoga
- Exercise gives your face a healthy glow by increasing blood flow and clears the body of toxins and removes dead skins cells while sweating so new ones can grow
- Cut down on fatty beverages.
- Sleep backside down as improper sleeping postures result in fine lines and wrinkles.
- Sleep for at least 8 to 9 hours daily.
- Drink Milk.
- Take care of your teeth or else it will rot and poison your body.
- Meditation is one of the best anti-aging agents. Do some face lift massage daily.
- Keep a positive attitude to achieve mental peace and stress free life.
Add super food in your regular diet which will keep you rejuvenated and minimize the indications of aging such as fine lines, patches and discoloring of skins etc. A proper diet leads to a good health which in further leads to good and flawless skin.
- Nuts – It has all the necessary vitamins and nutrients without the overdose of calories and fat. Nuts like cashews, pecans, walnuts and almonds also boost cardiovascular health.
- Berries – It is good for young look. Strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, acaiberry or better the entire family of berries is a rich source of flavonoids which possesses anti-aging and anti-cancer properties. It also possesses antioxidants which promotes cell health. It is rich in vitamin C which helps to make the collagen stronger which minimizes the wrinkles and discoloring of skin.
- Yogurt – It is a good source of protein while being low in calories. It is rich in riboflavin, phosphorous, calcium, and vitamin B12.
- Avocado – It contains the complex vitamins B and E which nourishes skin and maintain proper water level in the body. It also contains glutathione which increases immunity levels and assists on pacifying the process of anti-aging.
- Garlic – It extensively enhances immune system and lowers blood pressure and cholesterol. It works as good antiviral and antifungal agents.
- Whole grains – Quinoa, brown rice and oats are rich in fibers which aid digestion, reduces the risk of heart disease and waistline.
- Green vegetables – They are a warehouse of antioxidants that protect body cells from free radicals. They also provide immunity against various diseases. Kale, broccoli and spinach are powerhouse of vitamin E, calcium and fiber.
- Wild Salmon – It is also a good source of omega-3 fatty acids that aid in the healthy functioning of the cells in our body and combat inflammation. It improves skin texture and lessens fine lines and heart ailments.
- Honey – It is a rich source of antioxidants, calcium, niacin, thiamine, vitamin B6 and C. It is extremely helpful in combating anxiety and memory loss.
- Green tea – It is herbal drinks which get rid of those unwanted calories and is good anti-aging drink. It enhances fat oxidation, checks cholesterol and prevents heart disease and cancer.
- Olive oil – It controls risks of heart diseases and helps tissue building. It is super powerful antioxidants which makes it the best anti-aging food.
- Cocoa – It is rich in antioxidants and helps prevent heart and kidney related ailments of old age and helps in getting rid of aging signs like fine lines and wrinkles. It slows down the aging process.
- Grapes – It is rich in resveratrol which has anti-inflammatory and anticoagulatory properties that help in the repair of tissue cells. It also fights against the harmful ultraviolet radiations, various antioxidants and fight against the free radicals.
- Alcoholic Drink – Include some alcohol like red wine, which is the best as it contains resveratrol which slows down the aging process, into your system.
- Kiwi – It keeps skin firm and slow down the formation of wrinkles and restores the beauty. It aids skin from free radicals attack. It prevents from aging and helps in healthy skin due to minimization of photosensitive oxidation and exposure to harmful ultraviolet radiations.
- Pomegranate – It helps in promoting beautiful skin by skin tightening and flexibility. It enhances the functioning of dermal cells to a great extent.
- Watermelon – It supplies a great nutritional value and prevents the skin from the harmful wrinkles or discoloration.
- Mangosteen – It provides a wholesome nutritional value to the body. It fights against free radicals and helps in attaining a glowing and smooth skin.
- Papaya – It helps in attaining a good complexion and an anti-wrinkle skin. It promotes renewal of skin, an increase in cells and an exfoliation takes place due to the papain enzyme.
- Apple – It helps in reducing the fats and retaining great levels of water which makes skin look fresh and healthy. An application of diluted apple vinegar helps in a proper regulation of pH levels.
- Banana – It helps in regulating the skin’s elasticity and coherence. It helps in shielding the skin from destruction and provides hydration.
- Proteins – A proper diet of proteins in different forms helps in fighting aging. Add kidney beans, legumes and other such foods, milk proteins like butter, milk itself and cheese in your diet in case of vegetarian and chicken or turkey breasts, eggs etc in case of non vegetarians.
- Spices – Regular spices can help keep fine lines and wrinkles at bay. Different spices have different properties. Turmeric can helps prevent the risk of Alzheimer’s disease at old age besides cell rebuilding properties which prevents appearance of wrinkles and age spots. Garlic, onion, cinnamon, bay leaves, whole peppers are also among the different other spices which have anti-aging properties.
- Fish – Fish such as wild salmon is the best for skin.
- Water – Drink as much water as you can. Green tea and coffee can be added in daily diet.
- Carrots & Tomatoes – These super foods are stocked with nutrients and antioxidants which protects against damaging free radicals.
- Dark Chocolate – It lowers blood pressure.
- Sweet Potato – it facilitates collagen production.
- Pear – It promotes weight loss and is a great energy booster.
- Coconut – It kills bacteria and viruses and prevents infections and also prevents heart disease and aids weight loss.
- Coconut water – It acts as natural sweetener and keeps hyderated.
- Oysters – It supports body metabolism.
- Plum – It is a rich source of antioxidants and improves immune function.
- Salad – Take fibre rich salad.
- Quinoa – It is protein packed ingredient which is good for health.